Good news

Secretary LNC

Feb 12, 2024, 7:48:22 PMFeb 12
to bylaws-committee-2024
I spoke with a very respected person in party who brought up eliminating regionals on their own- no idea we proposed it.  Suggested adding 4 at large instead of two.

I'm going to speak privately with Dr Moulton about perhaps building party consensus on this with this individual.

It's quite frankly absurd that some folks are making it out to be devious when it's the opposite.  Old timers, particularly those who have been on LNC, understand immediately why this is good.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Chuck Moulton

Feb 13, 2024, 12:02:23 AMFeb 13
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:
> I spoke with a very respected person in party who brought up eliminating
> regionals on their own- no idea we proposed it.  Suggested adding 4 at
> large instead of two.
>
> I'm going to speak privately with Dr Moulton about perhaps building
> party consensus on this with this individual.

In my opinion, the optimal size for a board is 8-12 members. With 4
officers and 7 at-large we get to 11 total. I would not favor going to
13 (9 at-large) in this proposal. I would be open to 12 (8 at-large),
though I prefer 11 (7 at-large) or 10 (6 at-large).

In liberty,
Dr. Chuck Moulton