Nominations for permanent committee officers

Secretary LNC

Nov 26, 2022, 12:31:10 AM11/26/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
I am opening this thread for nominations to be open for one week for the permanent Committee Chair and Secretary.  It will be up to the Committee if they wish to elect a Vice-Chair but that is typically done later.  People may self-nominate.  I am suggesting nominations be open for one week.  Once nominations are closed I will open a thread for the nominated persons to "speak" to their own nominations or for others to advocate for any nominated persons.  Nominations do not require a second.  I will then leave that "speech" thread going for three days, after which I will send out an OpaVote ballot for both positions.  I will provide instructions at that time how that will work between committee members and alternates.

Though not necessary, you can nominate someone who has already been nominated as a show of support.  Again, please no speeches on this thread, there will be opportunity for that after the one week period for nominations has ended.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Nov 26, 2022, 12:32:28 AM11/26/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
As I had indicated to the LNC and other committee members, I am seeking the position of committee chair so I do self-nominate for that position.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Paul Bracco

Nov 26, 2022, 11:01:30 AM11/26/22
to Bylaws Committee 2024, secr...@lp.org
I would like to make the following nominations, if those nominated are willing to accept:
  • Ken Moellman for Committee Chair
  • Rob Latham for Committee Chair
  • Mike Seebeck for Committee Secretary
  • Sylvia Arrowwood for Committee Secretary

Mike Seebeck

Nov 26, 2022, 11:06:06 AM11/26/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org, secr...@lp.org
I appreciate the nomination but I must respectfully decline. Between state commitments and my upcoming move and all things attached to that, I don't have that much time available for that position.

Secretary LNC

Nov 26, 2022, 12:04:46 PM11/26/22
to Mike Seebeck, bylaws-com...@lp.org
There are some folks I would like to nominate for Secretary, but I would really like to see some self-nominations so I know who is interested.  Mr. Seebeck answered that question for me I was going to ask him today.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Rob Latham

Nov 26, 2022, 12:06:15 PM11/26/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
Grateful for the nomination, Paul, but -- like Mr. Seebeck -- I respectfully decline to maintain sufficient attention and time to other, prior commitments for this committee's term or until further notice.

That said, I look forward to participating in the work of this committee, just not as a committee officer.

In liberty,

Rob Latham

Secretary LNC

Nov 26, 2022, 12:40:26 PM11/26/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
I have to do these one at a time, so everyone will get one today throughout the day, starting them now but if you don't get a link to later don't be alarmed, doing this in between other tasks.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Ken Moellman

Nov 27, 2022, 2:05:09 AM11/27/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org, secr...@lp.org

Hello everyone,

Thank you, Paul. I will accept the nomination, and will serve if it is the will of the committee.

---
Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
Executive Director
Libertarian Party of Kentucky

Sylvia Arrowwood

Nov 27, 2022, 1:18:39 PM11/27/22
to bylaws-committee-2024, secr...@lp.org
Been asked to serve as secretary for our Bylaws
Committee and will accept the nomination.

Nov 27, 2022, 1:23:19 PM11/27/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org, secr...@lp.org
Based on the superb work during Reno, I would like to voice my support for Mr. Moellman’s nomination.

David Roberson, alternate

Sent from my iPhone

Secretary LNC

Dec 3, 2022, 9:01:06 AM12/3/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
Today is the last day for nominations.

Secretary LNC

Dec 4, 2022, 1:04:12 AM12/4/22
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
Okay nominations are closed.

The nominations are:
Chair
Caryn Ann Harlos
Ken Moellman

Secretary
Sylvia Arrowwood

The next procedure is that I am opening a thread for "nomination speeches" where the candidates can give a written pitch.  This will be open for three days until Dec 7.  On Dec 8 I will be sending out OpaVote ballots to the committee full members for both positions.  Since NOTA is always an option even though Sylvia is unopposed, there will be a ballot for Secretary.  The ballots will be open for seven days or until everyone has voted.  I would encourage everyone to vote right away so that the committee direction can be set and discussion can proceed about meetings, but it is your right to wait until the last minute if you choose and you owe no explanation for that choice.  However, I am sure everyone would appreciate quick votes.

I am opening up the speeches thread now.  Other people can speak on behalf of nominees (you don't need their permission) but it is not required.  It would be against the rules to speak "against" a candidate.  That would have required a prior motion to "open the nominations to debate."  Nominees are not required to post a speech, but this is their opportunity.

I am writing this from Virginia where they just had their special convention (I was honored to be their convention parliamentarian and am happy to report they had an excellent VERY peaceful convention and elected new officers, one of whom is on this committee, Mr. Paul Bracco - newly elected LPVA Vice Chair) and am traveling back to Denver tomorrow if there is anything for me to address.