Right scope to get Coverage record for a given Patient

Yuriy Flyud

Jul 28, 2020, 8:04:15 AM7/28/20
to Logica FHIR Developer Discussion Forum
Recently our SMART on FHIR App stopped retrieving Patient Coverage records, an empty response is returned. After debugging it turned out that this is because of a missing scope.

This is a scope we had before:
launch/patient openid profile launch fhirUser launch/encounter patient/Patient.read patient/*.read offline_access patient/Observation.read patient/*.write patient/Encounter.read patient/Observation.write

I tried to add a patient/Coverage.read, user/Coverage.read, but no success. The only scope that allows to retrieve Patient Coverage records is 'user/*.*' but it is too general. What is a right scope to use to be able to get Coverage records for a given Patient?

Shilpy Sharma

Jul 28, 2020, 11:32:51 AM7/28/20
to Yuriy Flyud, Logica FHIR Developer Discussion Forum
I tried this url https://api.logicahealth.org/DaVinciPDexPayer/data/Coverage?status=active&subscriber=SMART-665677 in Postman and it did return the Coverage response.  Please try it again and see if it is working now.

Shilpy Sharma
Informaticist & Software Engineer
Interopion

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Yuriy Flyud

Jul 28, 2020, 11:46:08 AM7/28/20
to Logica FHIR Developer Discussion Forum, shi...@interopion.com, Logica FHIR Developer Discussion Forum, Yuriy Flyud
Hi Shilpy,
Thank you for looking into this. We are launching a Smart on FHIR app as a Registered App with specific scope, so it is not the same as calling the URL using your credentials. You can try it yourself, try to launch RI-S2-Payer-Smart-App from https://sandbox.logicahealth.org/DaVinciPDexPayer/apps. You will see that no Coverage records are returned. But everything works when you add a user/*.* to a scope field for this App.
As a test, try setting an Authorization header for your request to:

Bearer eyJqa3UiOiJodHRwczpcL1wvYXV0aC5sb2dpY2FoZWFsdGgub3JnXC9qd2siLCJraWQiOiJyc2ExIiwidHlwIjoiSldUIiwiYWxnIjoiUlMyNTYifQ.eyJhdWQiOiJkNDZlODYyYi0wYTdlLTQ2NGQtOTJmMS0zNTAzNzg2OTA0ZTEiLCJpc3MiOiJodHRwczpcL1wvYXV0aC5sb2dpY2FoZWFsdGgub3JnXC8iLCJleHAiOjE1OTU5NTQyMjMsImlhdCI6MTU5NTk1MDYyMywianRpIjoiZjA1ZDU1Y2ItMTA0My00N2I3LWFmMzgtNmQzNTczYTA3MzY1In0.gx7gCfFHMgbP4GX6pWIDBVz4cF8625ttyqt-EmuN5WAZmzv2_za0daW7xraShXyae1S5arNGNXTlo4VrASmp4f85cnTBPbq1DfvE4jFZXtZYz1GeHPUYC0RWWz6SOg68lVYLVPAFUphFdX9mjlh8z-fmzN9ZYpiAm7UlLhG9uc_15S1FARussBXH6KlkasegCYj6BYDxB3awpRp-wQ44-fQQZZyvAF9Ql6PCJnpvtOFNzIbIPX2Zd3mbAdj4-TmzARGu9N1s1tP0WAicPPVu0d9MUNUfOZZrKK-WYmnYiyL-uuXSbEnyWF2rNGtDegC2_r1uGcK2UrItzbkbzUQ1OQ

This is a token given to an App by Authorization service. I hope it will be still valid when you try it.

Shilpy Sharma

Jul 28, 2020, 1:12:24 PM7/28/20
to Yuriy Flyud, Logica FHIR Developer Discussion Forum
Hi Yuriy,

I looked further into it.  I found out that our scope authentication has not been working as expected.  We are working towards fixing it.  I will keep you posted when it is resolved and would ask you to try again.
Thanks for reporting it.