Collaboration Process - March 27th Updates

Preston Lee

Mar 27, 2020, 4:21:50 PM3/27/20
to COVID-19 Interoperability Assets
Thanks everyone for joining and helping ramp up this effort. These updates are all in flight and rapidly evolving -- apologies if I am not representing something accurately!

The target process is not only to develop immediately-useful clinical models, but get these vendor-neutral and semantically interoperable assets implemented across our respective networks and more detailed use cases. Current thinking on the core collaborative cycle starting next week is starting to look like this: (could really use an illustration diagram or BPMN -- and again, sorry if I have miscategorized how any org feels they click into this .. please chime in!)

1. Emergent high-priority clinical needs assessed and captured
2. [Intermountain] Drive terminology mapping and clinical content modeling [deliverables: spreadsheets, CEM, FHIR R4]
    a. [Clinical Architecture "CA"] Import terminology resources into public system for worldwide access [deliverables: online open access system]
    b. [Logica probably] Publish FHIR R4 profiles and CEM models
    c. [Public] Review all assets and provide feedback here.
3. [MITRE] Coordinate vendor engagement and development.. Microsoft etc.
4. [Vendor/HIT community]
    a. [???] Drive platform-specific representations such as HL7 V2 and CDA and local implementations
    b. [Apervita etc] Implement tools and use case such as eCase reporting, Surveillance CDA, patient-facing CDS etc [deliverables: platform-specific tools, feedback go to #1 for updating current clinical and population health needs]

5. [HL7/Logica - lower priority, long term] Formally package assets as FHIR Implementation Guides (IGs). These processes will be slow and are expected to be completely open source.

The initial foci are still the following, and it sounds we'll start getting initial assets for this group's review mid-week...

- Demographics
- Organizational Data
- Vital Signs (Susan Matney says these are mostly done)
- Exposure History
- Symptoms
- Diagnostics Tests (labs, O2 sat..)
- Diagnosis

I will get on the phone with CA and MITRE, shortly, on this outline and continue to send updates.

Preston