Spring News & Programs, April 2022

Live Well Watertown Admin

Apr 14, 2022, 4:19:30 PM4/14/22
to Live Well News

SPRING NEWS & PROGRAMS ~ APRIL 2022

Happy Spring!

Eat Well & Culinary Corner

This feature bridges our long-time Eat Well Watertown program, which hosts community “chefs” and health professionals who share their knowledge and passion for cooking, diverse cultural cuisine, and healthy eating, with our seasonal Culinary Corner initiative of the Watertown Farmers’ Market.

Holiday Side Dishes

For many folks, the holiday entrée is pretty much set in stone:  ham or lamb for Easter, brisket for Passover.  So, let’s focus here on side dishes.  Of course, there are traditional sides as well, but at least there’s a bit more leeway.  Here are some ideas; think of them as templates and adjust to the tastes of those who will be gathering around your tables.

Salads ~ Other Greens ~ Starches

Read more….

Photo by Sarah  Chai

Qigong for Health & Healing

Tuesdays, April 19, through May 24, 2022 (6 weeks)

11:00 - 11:45am

Watertown Public Library, Savings Bank Room

Registration Required (See Below)

Qigong is a great form of preventive maintenance for your 3 bodies: physical body, energy body and spiritual body.  It includes body tapping and vibration (to move blood and energy in your body), meridian stretching (to help open any blockages in your energy channels) and exercises to build power in your lower dantian (core/lower abdomen).  This class will include a music meditation and various movements which can be done on the floor or a chair (provided).

Register Online HERE (NEW students only)

(in collaboration with the Watertown Free Public Library)

Spring Literary Walk at Mount Auburn Cemetery!

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm

 Meet at the Main Entrance by Story Chapel

Join the Watertown Free Public Library’s Community Outreach Librarian, on a Literary Walk through scenic Mount Auburn Cemetery!

In honor of National Poetry Month, our route will take us by the graves of some of our most illustrious poets. The walk will not take place if it rains.

Organized in collaboration with Live Well Watertown’s Just Walk Program.

Watertown Cares Network

Visit the Watertown Cares Network WEBSITE to learn more about local efforts to address Substance Use Disorder in the community. All are welcome to attend our bimonthly Network Meetings. Email in...@watertowncares.org for more information or to be added to the email list.

Our next meeting will be scheduled on May 10, at 5:00pm at the Watertown Free Public Library.

Save the Date!

SPRING WELLNESS FAIR

Saturday, May 21, 2002

Save the date for Opening Day!

June 15th, 2022

Wednesdays, 2:30 - 6:30pm

June 15 - October 19, 2022

Saltonstall Park, 149 Main Street

Watertown, MA 02472

image.png

For more information about Live Well Watertown Programs, contact:

Stephanie Venizelos, Community Wellness Program Manager at:

sveni...@watertown-ma.gov

--
Live Well Watertown