[PSGuardian] PCS Weekly Update for 12/16/22

Rick Todd

Dec 16, 2022, 10:21:22 AM12/16/22
to PCS Staff, PCS Guardian, Board of Ed
Hello Pirates and Happy Friday!!

Wow! It is so hard to believe that we are just a few short days away from beginning our Holiday break as the past three weeks since Thanksgiving have seemed to fly right by and if you are like me, I am beginning to feel a little anxious as it still seems like I have so much to do to get ready for Santa's big day!

The days and weeks of school we have during the holidays are some of the most special and fun times as our buildings are filled with students & adults wearing their fashionable "Ugly" sweaters, the halls are filled with students sharing holiday cheer, parents and families capture a lifetime of memories as they watch their child(ren) perform some of our favorite holiday classics at holiday concerts and there is always the opportunity to eat a LOT (and I mean A LOT) of goodies! We are so blessed to share this special time of year with our Pirate family and we thank you for the gift of working with your children throughout the entire school year.

Although I shared this last week, I want to encourage parents who may have not had the opportunity to view last weeks video update to take some time over the next few weeks to learn about our current progress in relation to our 5-year strategic plan, which also talks about our exciting plans to expand our preschool programs at both Farley Hill and Country next year, which will include transitioning our 3rd grade classrooms to Navigator Elementary for the 23-24 school year. The video can be viewed at:

I want to leave you with some pics below of some of our amazing students and staff that includes our recent PCHS Reaching Higher graduates, 6th grade band/orchestra students visiting central office to perform holiday carols, Pirate Football players serving our community, Biomedical Science students re-creating the human heart using Playdough, some great sweaters and an amazing video of our Pathfinder/PCHS Band & Orchestra students performing one of the best live renditions of "Sleigh Ride" that I have ever heard.

We wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! Have a great weekend and GO PIRATES!!

PXL_20221212_233648017.jpg
20159.jpeg
PXL_20221210_165744997.jpg
heart.jpg