Event for new accounts?

Tejas

Sep 20, 2016, 3:27:01 PM9/20/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Is account.updated fired when new accounts are created? If so, is that the standard for .updated events? If not, Are there any events to tap into that?

Remi J.

Sep 20, 2016, 3:31:02 PM9/20/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Tejas,

The event `account.updated` is sent whenever a connected account has been updated which means it's not sent on account creation per-se though in practice this is what happens.

It's still sent in that situation because the account itself gets updated by us automatically for example to mention it's been fully verified or that we need more information from you so you should always get such event after creating or updating a managed account.

Hope this helps!
Remi

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Tejas <te...@segment.com> wrote:
Is account.updated fired when new accounts are created? If so, is that the standard for .updated events? If not, Are there any events to tap into that?

Tejas Manohar

Sep 21, 2016, 2:57:12 PM9/21/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
gotcha. is this public functionality that I can rely on? if it changed, would it be considering a non-backwards compatible API change?
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:31 PM 'Remi J.' via Stripe API Discussion <api-d...@lists.stripe.com> wrote:
Hey Tejas,

The event `account.updated` is sent whenever a connected account has been updated which means it's not sent on account creation per-se though in practice this is what happens.

It's still sent in that situation because the account itself gets updated by us automatically for example to mention it's been fully verified or that we need more information from you so you should always get such event after creating or updating a managed account.

Hope this helps!
Remi
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Tejas <te...@segment.com> wrote:
Is account.updated fired when new accounts are created? If so, is that the standard for .updated events? If not, Are there any events to tap into that?

Best regards,

Tejas Manohar

Remi J.

Sep 21, 2016, 3:29:23 PM9/21/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Tejas,

There are cases where no event would be sent so it couldn't be considered as a breaking change unfortunately. For example if you create a managed account with only `managed: true` and nothing else then there's no `account.updated` event sent since nothing was really updated. In most cases you should be able to get an `account.updated` but there would be edge-cases without one.

You shouldn't need the event though since you, as the platform, are creating the account in the first place and can already track this on your end unless I'm missing something! Feel free to reply directly to me otherwise and explain a bit more what you're really trying to do and I'd be happy to look into this with you!

Cheers,
Remi