Error code returned when capturing an expired charge

Andrew Wang

Oct 18, 2016, 1:17:42 PM10/18/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi, wondering if anyone knows the Stripe error code and message that's returned when trying to capture an expired (authorized >7 days ago) charge via POST /v1/charges/<charge ID>/capture.

I am trying to avoid waiting 7 days to find out the answer and the excellent Stripe docs are surprisingly sparse when it comes to error documentation.

Thanks!

Andrew Nelder

Oct 18, 2016, 2:54:12 PM10/18/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hey Andrew,

The error you can expect to receive is outlined below:

Error: `invalid_request_error`

Message:
---
Charge ch_XXXXX cannot be captured because the charge has expired (a charge must be captured within 7 days). You will need to create a new charge to retry the payment.

I hope that helps!  Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers,
Andrew