Application Fee and Stripe Charges

Avgeorge

Dec 30, 2016, 3:57:32 AM12/30/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hello StripeClub,

I have a question wrt to the application_fee and stripe charges.

1. Platform A (us)
2. Buyer B
3. Seller S

We would like to create a charge 100.00 on S taking an application_fee of 10.00. Per the documentation, S receives 100.00 - 10.00 - Stripe fee (0.8% of 100). So 100 - 0.8 - 10 = 89.20.

Is it possible for us to split the Stripe charge between the Seller S and the platform P. So Seller gets (80 - (0.8% * 80)) and platform gets (20 - (0.8% * 20))

Thank you,
Avran

Remi J.

Dec 30, 2016, 4:31:29 AM12/30/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Avran,

We don't offer an automatic solution to split the fee between each account but this is something you can build yourself fairly easily. You are currently taking a $10 application fee on the charge. You can calculate how much our fee will amount to and then deduct half of that fee from your own application fee. In the end, you'd get $10 minus your share of the fee and the seller would get $100 minus your real application fee minus their share of the fee.

Hope this helps!
Remi

Avgeorge