Copying test data to production?

Ravi Subramanian

Jul 19, 2017, 2:21:43 PM7/19/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Hello,

I'm currently testing out integration between our service and the Stripe API and creating various test product and SKU objects via the Stripe dashboard (with "Test Data" turned on). When we're ready to go production, it seems sensible for us to simply copy over the products from test data to production to get a jump start. As far as I can tell there is no obvious way to do that via the dashboard -- the toggle switch shows us the corresponding data but with no option to move data between these two modes. I assume I will need to script this if necessary (by checking the `livemode` flag). Am I missing anything?

Thanks
Ravi

Remi J.

Jul 19, 2017, 2:24:10 PM7/19/17
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Ravi,

That's correct you would need to write your own script for this. We don't offer a way to copy data from Test to Live mode (or back) and those environments are mostly separate.

Hope this helps!
Remi