invoice.payment_succeeded and charge.succeeded

Jacobus Vermeulen

Sep 14, 2016, 10:52:15 AM9/14/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi There

I have stripe setup running on VB and working great. I have a question regarding webhooks. When a customer subscribes to a plan the invoice is created and immediately charged by Stripe, my question is, does Stripe send through a  invoice.payment_succeeded and charge.succeeded  webhook?

Then the second question is related to above, lets say the subscription is monthly and on the second month stripe creates an invoice and charges it, what webhooks will be sent,  invoice.payment_succeeded and charge.succeeded?

Thanks again for your input.

Kind Regards
Cobus

Remi J.

Sep 14, 2016, 10:55:44 AM9/14/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Cobus,

When the subscription is created, multiple events are sent automatically: `invoice.created`, `invoice.payment_succeeded`, `customer.subscription.created`. Then, on each new billing cycle, `invoice.created` will be sent first, followed by `invoice.payment_succeeded` or `invoice.payment_failed` depending on whether the charge succeeded or not.

If the invoice attempts to charge the customer's source, there will also be a `charge.succeeded` or `charge.failed` event. Otherwise, if the invoice's amount didn't trigger a charge, for example if the amount is $0, no `charge.*` event would be sent.

Hope this helps!
Remi