Annual subscription with last two months free

Al Bunch

Feb 4, 2018, 6:06:39 PM2/4/18
to Stripe API Discussion
I'm working on setting up subscriptions and I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish the following:

Annual subscriptions are the monthly amount x 10, the last two months of the subscription are free.

Putting the two free months at the end of the subscription prevents people from gaming the system by using 2 free months at the beginning and requesting a refund just prior to ending the free period.  Essentially when you get to month 10, your prorated refund amount would be zero.

Surely someone has dome something like this.  Suggestions or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kaushal mishra

Feb 5, 2018, 8:13:43 AM2/5/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
You Can set your own system which will keep track if subscription has completed 10 month and then you can apply the discount coupon on it which will be effective on last 2 months

Al Bunch

Trond Husø

Feb 5, 2018, 10:13:50 AM2/5/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com

Wouldn’t a simple solution be that you invoice/stripe these every year for monthly amount * 10 ? So a once a year subscription?

Trond

Laurent Pellegrino

Feb 5, 2018, 10:18:30 AM2/5/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hello,

In our case, we create dedicated plans for yearly subscriptions. This way, we can set the price we want and the flow remains the same as monthly plans.

My 2 cents.

Kind Regards,

Laurent Pellegrino

Founder at noticeable.io

Custom Donations

Feb 5, 2018, 10:47:12 AM2/5/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com

I've only done trial periods at the beginning of the subscription but this seems like it would work in your case.

Al Bunch

Feb 5, 2018, 10:48:07 AM2/5/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Laurent - that's what I'm trying to do.  Currently I have 3 monthly plans and 3 annual plans.

I'm probably overcomplicating this.  I haven't been through the entire subscription lifecycle yet and probably need to study what happens to cancelled subscriptions a little better.  If I have to control the entire cancellation process including calculating the refund amount then I'm probably fine.  The goal is to automate prorated refunds for the correct amount to a point that there's not a person handling the process.

Al Bunch
Realtor®
Mission Real Estate Group
m:832-303-2337

w:www.AlBunch.com  e: AlBu...@gmail.com
E-mails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting transactions via electronic means nor create a binding contract until and unless a written contract is signed by the parties.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.stripe.com/group/api-discuss/.

Laurent Pellegrino

Feb 5, 2018, 10:54:40 AM2/5/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I don't know all your constraints but in our case, with dedicated plans for yearly and monthly subscriptions, it's just a matter of switching plans:

By default, Stripe prorates subscription costs.

Kind Regards,

Laurent Pellegrino

Founder at noticeable.io