API docs for old version

Paul DeBruicker

Sep 5, 2013, 2:38:50 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi-
Does the full API documentation only reflect the current version of the
API? Is there a way to access the API docs for outdated versions? Thanks

Paul

Amber Feng

Sep 5, 2013, 3:59:50 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Paul,

Yep, the full API documentation only reflects the current version of
the API. There's unfortunately no way to access previous versions
right now -- what specifically were you looking for?

Amber

Paul DeBruicker

Sep 5, 2013, 4:09:53 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Amber,

Not sure. I'm doing some work on the Smalltalk client library and
wanted to double check that the version I think that library is for is
what it was actually for. I think its from the March 25 2012 version.
But really I should probably just update the whole thing to be current
and then write that down somewhere I won't forget to look.

Thanks

Paul

Ryan Wood

Sep 5, 2013, 4:07:01 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
That would be very helpful. When you are trying to upgrade from one version to another it's impossible to know the implementation differences. We are currently about 4 API versions behind and are stuck behind a version that causes a significant amount of work on our end to support. I'd like to be able to upgrade incrementally through each version. We use the header to update the incremental version. There are simply to many changes that will break our production app trying to jump to the current version.

Sadly, this is impossible because there is no way to tell what changed (API-wise) from one version to the next.

- Ryan

Ryan Wood
Co-founder, CTO

Amber Feng

Sep 5, 2013, 4:21:40 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hm, is https://stripe.com/docs/upgrades what you're looking for?

Amber

Patrick Collison

Sep 5, 2013, 4:33:05 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Paul DeBruicker <pdeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure. I'm doing some work on the Smalltalk client library [...]

Amazing! Let me know if I can help :-).

Patrick

Paul DeBruicker

Sep 5, 2013, 5:58:56 PM9/5/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Patrick,

Sure. At the moment it only runs in Pharo and Gemstone. I haven't made
it run on Squeak yet because Squeak uses a different HTTP client.

How about once I get this update "done" I'll put a one-click Squeak
image up on dropbox and you do a code review when you have time?

Or if you prefer to write some of it I can send you what I have now,
which is passing my tests but missing an unknown (to me) portion of the
API. You could abstract out the HTTP calls and drop in the Squeak http
library. Or fill in some of the API gaps.

Let me know your preference.

Thanks for the offer

Paul

Patrick Collison

Sep 6, 2013, 9:51:28 AM9/6/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Paul DeBruicker <pdeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure. At the moment it only runs in Pharo and Gemstone. I haven't made
> it run on Squeak yet because Squeak uses a different HTTP client.
>
> How about once I get this update "done" I'll put a one-click Squeak
> image up on dropbox and you do a code review when you have time?

Yep, that sounds great. Look forward.

Patrick

Maarten Mostert

Oct 20, 2013, 8:03:24 AM10/20/13
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Paul,

Let me know when you have an updated Pharo version running, I am interested in having this running in Smalltalk Visualworks.

Regards,

Maarten MOSTERT,

Silent Reign

May 9, 2016, 6:48:20 PM5/9/16
to Stripe API Discussion
I know this is an old thread, but it's the top Google match when I searched for older versions of the Stripe API, so maybe this will help someone else:

I had success finding a copy of the older API docs at the Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://stripe.com/docs/api

Lauren Yeary

Jun 13, 2016, 3:16:25 AM6/13/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Thank you, found exactly what I needed.  Very much appreciated.

Daniel

Nov 29, 2016, 7:51:14 PM11/29/16
to Stripe API Discussion
The Wayback Machine no longer includes the stripe documentation url https://stripe.com/docs/api, citing the reason "Page cannot be displayed due to robots.txt." I contacted Stripe about this problem 3 days ago and it looks like they have updated their robots.txt, so hopefully the archive will be restored once the Archive reprocesses.

Daniel

Dec 7, 2016, 2:44:44 AM12/7/16
to Stripe API Discussion
I heard back from the Wayback Machine folks and there is a Beta version of the Wayback Machine where you can find a recently archived snapshot of the older stripe api doc: