Charges shown in "read" but not "list"

Tejas Manohar

Jun 15, 2016, 3:49:21 AM6/15/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Are there any known cases that a charge would be returned via https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges/:id but not while paginating the entirety of https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges? We're seeing some missing data but want to confirm that there aren't any known cases (e.g. customer or product associated with card has been deleted) in parallel to investigating this issue.

Remi J.

Jun 15, 2016, 3:53:26 AM6/15/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Tejas,

I don't think this should happen in most cases no. If the charge can be retrieved through the API it should also be part of the charges listed if you paginate through your entire history of charges.

One thing that could cause this though is the fact that the charge is not a card charge if you're on an old API version. If your charge is a charge on a bank account for example via ACH it won't be returned by the List Charges API [1] if your API version is older than 2015-09-23 [2]. In that case, you need to explicitly pass `source: "all"` if you want to list all charges.

If that's not the case, you'll want to reach out to support directly [3] and provide as much information as you can so that we can get to the bottom of what's causing this.

All the best,
Remi

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 2:13 AM, Tejas Manohar <m...@tejas.io> wrote:
Are there any known cases that a charge would be returned via https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges/:id but not while paginating the entirety of https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges? We're seeing some missing data but want to confirm that there aren't any known cases (e.g. customer or product associated with card has been deleted) in parallel to investigating this issue.

Jeffri Abu Bakar

Jun 16, 2016, 9:29:33 AM6/16/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi Tejas,

Yes, I have seen this problem before, in particular, when using API version > 2015-09-08. When listing charges via /v1/charges some card charges may not be listed, and I suspect that's because of a bug in the implementation in 2015-09-23 that aggregates both card and bank charges ("charges now returns all charges, such as card charges and bank account charges"). I had to resort to downgrading my tool to use API version 2015-09-08, the latest version that doesn't have this problem (I used identical GET requests, with the only difference being the API version specified in the Stripe-Version request header).

I've been meaning to log a bug with Stripe, but have been pre-occupied with other urgent matters so far.

Hth,
Jeffri

Remi J.

Jun 16, 2016, 9:44:24 AM6/16/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Jeffri,

I'd love to get to the bottom of this so when you have a few minutes it'd be awesome if you could shoot me an email with some details about your exact code and the values you get on the two different API versions. I'll then try to reproduce and make sure we fix the issue if there's one.

All the best!
Remi