read-only API key

Jordan Wiens

Aug 25, 2016, 10:25:42 AM8/25/16
to Stripe API Discussion
I'd like to have the option to have a read-only API key.

Or, better yet, an API key that I can restrict to specific permissions on specific endpoints.

It sounds like such a feature does not yet exist but I figured I could start a discussion here about it. A brief search didn't find anything, but apologies if this has been brought up before.

Devin Ceartas

Aug 25, 2016, 10:28:32 AM8/25/16
to Stripe API Discussion
There's certainly nothing stopping you from writing such an API as an
intermediary. I've written read-only web interfaces for clients.
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/a/lists.stripe.com/group/api-discuss/.

devin
--
contact info: https://nacredata.com/devin

• Amazing Tie-Dye Tee-shirts: https://www.icedyedesigns.com
• Art/Poetry/Environment: https://secure.extinctionwitness.org/support
• Support progressive climate politics:
https://secure.voteclimatepac.org/donate/
• Forest Protection in Ohio:
https://www.buckeyeforestcouncil.org/donate.php

Remi J.

Aug 25, 2016, 10:28:42 AM8/25/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Jordan,

This is definitely something we've heard before and we agree it would be great if you could get API keys with various permissions so that some can only retrieve data while others can create charges or customers but not refund or delete anything.

While this is something we've considered though, it's not really on our roadmap at the moment as we focus on different features to improve or release right now.

All the best,
Remi