Notifications of Card Cancellations

Eugenia

Jun 12, 2015, 3:58:33 PM6/12/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
If a customer cancels her credit card on file for a subscription, is there a way that Stripe could notify me prior to attempting to charge the card?

Matthew Arkin

Jun 12, 2015, 4:00:11 PM6/12/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Nope

Sent from Outlook

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM -0700, "Eugenia" <ek...@classpass.com> wrote:

If a customer cancels her credit card on file for a subscription, is there a way that Stripe could notify me prior to attempting to charge the card?

Jon Crump

Sep 1, 2015, 7:17:08 PM9/1/15
to Stripe API Discussion
Isn't this possible through webhooks, you can get a notification if a customer updates their information.
I've started working on web app to handle these webhook notifications (http://www.mowoca.com)

Jigar Dhulla

Sep 2, 2015, 1:36:32 AM9/2/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
If cancellation mean deletion of card from customer then yes, customer.source.delete event is triggered when source(card) is deleted. More details: https://stripe.com/docs/api#event_types

Regards,
Jigar Dhulla

Matthew Arkin

Sep 2, 2015, 1:47:24 AM9/2/15
to Jake K.
I believe Jon is referring to the customer calling their bank / credit card company and closing the account. In this case, Stripe is not notified by the bank about the closure and the notification would happen via the charge.failed webhook when the card declines. Some banks will send Stripe a note that a card has been updated (for instance a new card number or expiration date), in this case you'd get a customer.source.updated event.

Matt

Jon Crump

Sep 2, 2015, 11:51:50 AM9/2/15
to Stripe API Discussion
No I'm not referring to any phone calls made by anyone!