Api call to get Stripe fees for an account?

Custom Donations

Feb 22, 2018, 12:05:55 PM2/22/18
to Stripe API Discussion
Curious to know if we can pull the Stripe fees for a connected account via the API? (e.g. 2.9% + $.30 for USD or 1.4%  + 20p for GBP)

We are expanding our online donation to nonprofits outside the US. As part of a donation, we allow the donor to increase their gift to cover the expected transaction fees so 100% of their intended donation goes to the nonprofit.

Auto-populating the fees for an account when they connect to our platform, based on their currency, would be preferable to asking them to provide us their fees manually (so we can appropriately calculate/suggest an increased giving amount to the donor). Is it possible?

Remi J.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:09:12 PM2/22/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey,

This is not something that our API supports at the moment unfortunately. Pricing can be quite complex and depend on the currency of the charge or the payment method too and it's not something we plan to surface in the API for now. You would have to ask your users to share their current pricing with you instead if you want to help them better price their users.

Best,
Remi