Re: [stripe-api-discuss] Destination with application_fee

Fred Alger

Dec 27, 2016, 1:57:52 PM12/27/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Avran,

Great question! Sorry, but that's not possible. Taking fees is a fundamental part of Connect. The fees your application charged are always visible to your connected accounts, as they need to know how much your application is charging for processing their payments.

The only alternative here would be to use Managed Accounts, where your seller would not have Dashboard access, and so would only show the information that you choose to display to them:

Changing to managed accounts from standalone is an involved process and may not fit your business requirements. One key advantage to standalone accounts here is that your seller is responsible for fraud, chargebacks and disputes, not your application. With managed accounts, since your application creates the Stripe accounts for your sellers, you are responsible handling for chargebacks, disputes, and fraud across all of your sellers accounts.

Hope that clears things up! Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'm happy to help.

Best,
- Fred.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Avgeorge <avran....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Stripe users and engineers,

I have the following scenario.

1. Platform Account(P)
3. Buyer (B)
2. Seller Connected Account (S)

I have connected the Seller (S) to our platform account (P) and added a new buyer (B) as a Customer Object on the platform account (P).

I am trying to create a charge on the P account so that we charge B, extract application_fee and transfer the remaining (application_fees - stripe_fees) to S

I am using the following command to do so:

      -u sk_test_wszRvC2cqUAzws1cskXGtXv3: \
      -d destination=acct_19VHndGVSJlmBwsc \
      -d amount=200000 \
      -d currency=usd
      -d customer=cus_9ot4CjGxqKejHl
      -d source=ba_19VFC5LjePk1LZLmsp6PBxuu
      -d description=payinguser@example.com
      -d application_fee=2000

RESPONSE:
  "id": "py_19VHsYLjePk1LZLmY0mQhU3g",
  "object": "charge",
  "amount": 200000,
  "amount_refunded": 0,
  "application": null,
  "application_fee": "fee_9ovkDfpca4lRx5",
  "balance_transaction": "txn_19VHsYLjePk1LZLmOlenLxz0",
  "captured": true,
  "created": 1482833302,
  "currency": "usd",
  "customer": "cus_9ot4CjGxqKejHl",
  "description": "sssssssss",
  "destination": "acct_19VHndGVSJlmBwsc",
  "dispute": null,
  "failure_code": null,
  "failure_message": null,
  "fraud_details": {},
  "invoice": null,
  "livemode": false,
  "metadata": {},
  "order": null,
  "outcome": {
    "network_status": "approved_by_network",
    "reason": null,
    "risk_level": "not_assessed",
    "seller_message": "Payment complete.",
    "type": "authorized"
  },
  "paid": false,
  "receipt_email": null,
  "receipt_number": null,
  "refunded": false,
  "refunds": {
    "object": "list",
    "data": [],
    "has_more": false,
    "total_count": 0,
    "url": "/v1/charges/py_19VHsYLjePk1LZLmY0mQhU3g/refunds"
  },
  "review": null,
  "shipping": null,
  "source": {
    "id": "ba_19VFC5LjePk1LZLmsp6PBxuu",
    "object": "bank_account",
    "account_holder_name": "Test1",
    "account_holder_type": "company",
    "bank_name": "STRIPE TEST BANK",
    "country": "US",
    "currency": "usd",
    "customer": "cus_9ot4CjGxqKejHl",
    "fingerprint": "S6YDlOXwCt4G274G",
    "last4": "6789",
    "metadata": {},
    "routing_number": "110000000",
    "status": "verified"
  },
  "source_transfer": null,
  "statement_descriptor": null,
  "status": "pending",
  "transfer": "tr_19VHsYLjePk1LZLmyDZ6tcvF"
}

When I check the dashboard on Seller (S) I see that a payment has been made for a full 2000.00 minus the 20.00 application fee. Is there a way I can only transfer only the 1980.00 to the seller without showing what our application fees is.

Thank you,
Avran

Avgeorge

Dec 28, 2016, 1:49:56 AM12/28/16