Test Credit card numbers for the UK and other countries.

Steve Moulton

Jul 9, 2015, 3:44:24 PM7/9/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi

We are using Stripe Connect and our users are collecting payments in a few different countries. We are running into a problem when we use the usual '4242' test credit card. When the payment is processed it sees the card country_code as being 'US' and the International transaction Stripe Fee (in the UK 2.9%) is being applied.

We'd like to be able to make sure the correct fees are being taken when a UK credit card is used. From there we can ensure we are calculating the correct amount when the merchant account owner passes the fees to the payer.

I checked in the usual places, but can only see the US test credit card numbers.

Thanks
Steve

Jensen Vang

Jul 9, 2015, 4:28:05 PM7/9/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I'm in test mode only. All transactions are test only. I may have made an error by adding the bank account which belongs to stripe

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Moulton

Jul 9, 2015, 4:35:51 PM7/9/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Was this meant for this thread?

Joe Sergeant

Sep 2, 2015, 11:51:56 AM9/2/15
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi Steve,

I'm in the exact same situation. Did you ever get hold of a UK-based test card number?

Many thanks,
Joe

Steve Moulton

Sep 2, 2015, 1:00:03 PM9/2/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Joe

We didn't, we validated as much as we could in test, but ultimately we weren't able to say for certain that the fees were being applied correctly until we were in production.

Also didn't get any additional feedback from the forum post apart from Jensen's random note above.

Best of luck!
Steve

Russell Davis

Sep 2, 2015, 6:23:24 PM9/2/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Steve (and Joe),

Really sorry we didn't get back to you on this. We do indeed have a UK
test card: the number is 374245001741007. I'll make sure that gets
added to https://stripe.com/docs/testing in the near future. Apologies
for the trouble there, and let me know if you run into any problems
with that.

Cheers,
Russell

Russell Davis

Sep 2, 2015, 8:14:14 PM9/2/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Actually, it looks like the test card number I mentioned won't work.
Sorry about that -- I'll follow up later with one that will.

Russell Davis

Sep 9, 2015, 2:50:58 PM9/9/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Ok, we now have a new test card that will apply domestic pricing for
countries with split pricing. The number is 4000000000000093 (also
listed at https://stripe.com/docs/testing). Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Russell

Steve Moulton

Sep 9, 2015, 2:57:11 PM9/9/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com

Hi Russell, we are currently processing transactions in UK, Ireland and Australia....this will be a big help when we test.

Thanks!

Pawel Decowski

Sep 19, 2015, 12:51:09 PM9/19/15
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi Russel,

This still is a US card. Any chance of a number that returns a UK card?

We want to decline cards that are non-UK and currently it’s not possible to test it.

Cheers,
Pawel

Julie

Sep 22, 2015, 7:50:13 AM9/22/15
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi - wanted to chime in and +1 that more international test numbers would be great.  Unless I'm mistaken to test transfers to any bank account other than the US doesn't isn't possible right now because there is only US formatted numbers in the testing docs.

Sergio Kaszczyszyn

Nov 2, 2015, 10:42:52 AM11/2/15
to Stripe API Discussion
+1 here, too. International testing credit cards would be a real help.

Note that I think we're all talking about the "country" field in the CC that Stripe populates itself, not the "address_country" that may be provided by users in case of AVS.

Matthew Arkin

Nov 2, 2015, 2:22:00 PM11/2/15
to Jake K.
I'm sure Stripe is looking into ways of doing this, the big thing is how to do it so that there isn't a massive m*n ever growing matrix of card numbers (Where m = number of error scenarios, and n = number of countries).

It's easy to picture Stripe adding a UK card, and then there are requests for a UK card that returns a card decline, and then a UK one that fails a postal check, and then it just spirals out of control.

Totally crazy idea but who knows: Maybe some sort of like test card creator would be cool and may help with that scenario, you provide the details of the card / how you want it to behave, and it'll give out an account specific card number to test with.

Matt

Anthony S

Nov 26, 2015, 9:45:40 AM11/26/15
to Stripe API Discussion
We'd like to see this too. Regulations we operate under require us to accept/decline cards from certain countries of issue.

The test card creator is a great idea.

This email is sent according to our standard email disclaimer.

Dave Sumter

Apr 13, 2016, 12:12:53 PM4/13/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Are there any EU test card numbers yet..? Germany, France, etc..

We need to apply different VAT rates for different countries so this would be great to check rates are being correctly calculated..

Remi J.

Apr 13, 2016, 3:24:32 PM4/13/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Dave,

We haven't added any new Test card just yet with different countries unfortunately so this isn't something you can test directly on our end right now without adding some workaround in your own code.

Sorry I don't have a better answer just yet.
Remi

David Bigham

May 3, 2016, 8:43:40 AM5/3/16
to Stripe API Discussion
As others have mentioned - the card is still created as a US card. It would be great if it could create the card in the Stipe accounts country. (e.g. AUS)

We are using Connect and trying to calculate what the fees will be depending on the rate used (i.e. what is the minimum we need to charge to just cover the Stripe fees) - because the card is marked as US but charged as if it was AUS there is now a discrepency.

Any chance on a fix for this?

Cheers,
Dave

Remi J.

May 3, 2016, 8:46:15 AM5/3/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey David,

We wouldn't fix that card since this is expected behaviour for that card. The proper solution would be to add multiple Test cards for various countries. This is something we're planning to do but I don't have a specific timeline to share just yet unfortunately.

All the best,
Remi

Isaak Dury

May 3, 2016, 7:04:34 PM5/3/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
This has been my issue with Stripe Connect - you can’t illustrate what the Stripe fees are before the charge - having both Aus and multiple countries adds further complexity that makes a manual calculation impractical… in Australia Pin is doing this well FYI.

Cheers, Isaak