Transferring customers into a connected account

Gabe Ragland

Apr 14, 2016, 2:58:45 PM4/14/16
to Stripe API Discussion
I'm currently storing customers in my "platform" account rather then on connected accounts. I've had a few people ask whether in the future, if they decide to no longer use my app, could those customers be transferred to their own Stripe account. Is there anyway to clone a customer into a connected account? Can I just store and re-use the original token to re-create the customer later?

Remi J.

Apr 14, 2016, 2:59:58 PM4/14/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Gabe,

What you'd want here is to use Shared Customers [1] for this. This allows you to create a new token from a customer saved in your platform that can be used on a connected account to save the card on a new customer!

Hope this helps!
Remi

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Gabe Ragland <gabe.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm currently storing customers in my "platform" account rather then on connected accounts. I've had a few people ask whether in the future, if they decide to no longer use my app, could those customers be transferred to their own Stripe account. Is there anyway to clone a customer into a connected account? Can I just store and re-use the original token to re-create the customer later?

Gabe Ragland

Apr 14, 2016, 3:20:25 PM4/14/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Ah okay great! Hadn't realized you could create a new token.