Description for Refund

Robin Williams

May 19, 2017, 10:33:03 AM5/19/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a description for a refund - particularly if it is a partial refund.

Please could you let me know if this could be considered by the engineering team.

Thanks very much.

Robin

Ben Ellis

May 19, 2017, 10:38:29 AM5/19/17
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
We use the "reason" field to keep track of the refund's cause, and add metadata for additional information.

Robin Williams

May 19, 2017, 10:42:20 AM5/19/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi Ben

The documentation indicates reason can only have certain values.

Is this the case or is it a free text field?

Thanks

Robin

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Robin Williams <ro...@soulcontractconnect.org> wrote:
Hi

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a description for a refund - particularly if it is a partial refund.

Please could you let me know if this could be considered by the engineering team.

Thanks very much.

Robin

Ben Ellis

May 19, 2017, 10:46:03 AM5/19/17
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Robin,

Yes, I believe it's a fixed list, we use:

[:duplicate, :fraudulent, :requested_by_customer]

But metadata is open-ended (well there are _some_ limits to how large it can get but it's quite flexible)

Robin Williams

May 19, 2017, 11:21:47 AM5/19/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Thanks Ben

What gets printed in the on the built-in refund receipts?

Robin

Ben Ellis

May 19, 2017, 11:29:59 AM5/19/17
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I don't know. We manage notifications ourselves; we don't rely on the built-in stuff.