[stripe-api-announce] stripe-node 5.0.0 drops support for Node.js 0.x

'Brandur' via Stripe API Announcements

Sep 12, 2017, 1:38:31 PM9/12/17
to Stripe API Announcements
Hi api-announce,

As of today we've shipped stripe-node 5.0.0 which drops
support for the 0.x series of Node.js (also see our
changelog for other recent history [1]). We incremented the
major version to signal that it might potentially be an
impactful upgrade, but it probably won't be for the
majority of users.

0.12.x has been out of maintenance for coming up on a year
now (it officially ended 2016-12-31) [2] and we're letting
it go to encourage upgrades to safer (i.e. maintained)
versions of the runtime and so that we can clean up various
compatibility shims in our codebase.

Thanks!
Brandur