Applying consecutive discount coupons

Eden

Oct 19, 2016, 5:26:26 PM10/19/16
to Stripe API Discussion
If I set up a subscription using a discount coupon but want to apply a different discount to the customer's next invoice, can I adjust the subscription with the second discount right after the first invoice has been processed?

For example, if I want the customer's first year subscription to be $0 and subsequent years to be $300 (the normal product price is $500), can I:
  • Set up the subscription with a coupon for 100% off, and then, as soon as the first $0 invoice registers as processed,
  • Adjust the subscription using a $200 off coupon?
Or must I wait a period of time to apply the subsequent coupon?

Remi J.

Oct 19, 2016, 5:33:51 PM10/19/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Eden,

You can apply the second coupon right after the subscription is created. The first invoice for $0 will happen immediately, during the subscription creation, so as soon as the call returns you know the coupon has been used and you can add a new one.

Cheers,
Remi