Subscriptions

Kim Tim

Aug 20, 2015, 9:15:29 AM8/20/15
to Stripe API Discussion
https://stripe.com/docs/api#create_subscription

Is their any way that I could send currency_code like (USD, AUD, INR) and amount in local currency so that the subscriber can pay in their local currency?

Remi J.

Aug 20, 2015, 9:19:27 AM8/20/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey,

You can't pass the currency when you create a subscription as we use the currency defined on the plan itself. What you need to do instead is to create a new plan for each currency that you want to charge your customers for. Then, on the front-end, you ask the customer which currency he wants to use (or you detect this yourself based on the IP address for example) and then you subscribe him to the correct plan based on the currency he chose.

Cheers,
Remi