Changes on how business_logo are handled?

Julien

Jan 29, 2018, 10:55:49 AM1/29/18
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi,
It seems there's recently been some changes on how account logos are handled.

Before:
The business_logo field on an account (https://stripe.com/docs/api#account) would give me a direct URL to a picture file, which I could use forever.

Since about early January 2018:
The business_logo field now returns a file upload ID (https://stripe.com/docs/api#file_uploads), which:
  • requires an API call to get the actual file URL,
  • and this file URL actually expires after about 1 day, which will then require another API call to get the updated URL.

Is it a temporary issue, or do I have to change how I handle accounts' logo?

Do you have any more details on what's going on?

Thank you,

Julien

Remi J.

Jan 29, 2018, 11:06:23 AM1/29/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Julien,

Thanks a lot for the report! It looks like this is related to a change we made a few days ago where we return a file id instead of a direct URL. I'm investigating this one internally and will follow up once I have more details about it.

Sorry about the trouble and let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Best,
Remi

Julien

Jan 29, 2018, 6:37:23 PM1/29/18
to Stripe API Discussion
Hey Remi,
Thanks for the answer. I'll wait for your confirmation to know if it's an intentional change or not.

Best,
Julien