Elements placeholders in IE

ga...@edidigital.com

Sep 4, 2017, 8:45:17 AM9/4/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi,

I have recently moved to Stripe Elements, but it appears the placeholders don't show on Internet Explorer (9,10, 11).

They aren't appearing on my site, nor are they showing on the Stripe examples pages (screenshots below)

This makes it very difficult for the user to work out what they are supposed to enter, especially for exp month & CVC.

Any thoughts on how to make this work? The documentation does state that IE 9+ is supported.

Thanks,
Gary

My site, before entering:

My site, entering exp month:

Stripe site, before entering:

Stripe site, entering exp month:

Olivier Bellone

Sep 4, 2017, 9:31:37 AM9/4/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Hey Gary,

This appears to be a recent regression on our end. We'll investigate and fix this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
Olivier

Fred Alger

Sep 5, 2017, 11:44:40 AM9/5/17
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi Gary,

We rolled out a fix for the missing placeholders in Internet Explorer yesterday; it was indeed a regression. I'm sure that this caused some trouble for your IE users—apologies. We are working to better detect & avoid this issue the issue in the future.

Best,
- Fred.