Stripe single invoice for many subscriptions.

Tomasz Kułakowski

Jan 11, 2016, 8:13:13 AM1/11/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi all

I'm just curious if there will be functionality of grouping few charges and subscriptions into single invoice.
Jim Danz answered in here on similar matter:
https://groups.google.com/a/lists.stripe.com/d/msg/api-discuss/S_l_g0W9Lh8/r4c-WeEBrKUJ

Jim Danz:
> 2. The ability to create and invoice multiple subscriptions at the same
> time. For example. a subscription for $10/mo and a subscription for $30/year
> are created and a single $40 invoice is generated with two invoice items.
> This way all initial charges happen at once in a single transaction.
> 3. It sounds like there are already plans to support renewing selected
> subscriptions together in a single invoice/transaction. This would be
> excellent!
We're still working out the details of what want to build here, but we
will do *something* to address the pain point for people that have
billing relationships that are too complex to represent with just one
plan, but that should bill jointly rather than independently.  I can't
offer a timeline for this yet.

Have anything changed since February 2014? :)

All the best
Tom

Remi J.

Jan 11, 2016, 8:21:46 AM1/11/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Tom,

This is not something we got around to implement just yet unfortunately :(

It's definitely a pain point we're aware of and it's raised occasionally but we don't have a firm timeline for an implementation and a potential solution just yet. In the meantime, I'd still recommend the Invoice Items solution where you add the invoice items to one common invoice yourself each month in the `invoice.created` event sent to your webhook handler.

All the best,
Remi

Tomasz Kułakowski

Jan 11, 2016, 8:53:14 AM1/11/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hey Remi

Thanks for a quick answer and for a hint. I'm aware of such solution, but I've needed to know if this won't go out in nearest week or two, so my work would not land in trash. :)

Thanks and till next time :)
Tom

Daniel Murawsky

Oct 14, 2016, 9:01:22 AM10/14/16
to Stripe API Discussion
Hey Remi,

I get how you would collect the line items from the invoice.created event in the subscription lifecycle but how do you prevent the charge an hour later?

Regards,

      -Danny

Remi J.

Oct 14, 2016, 9:08:23 AM10/14/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey Daniel,

If you want to prevent the charge you would simply close the invoice using the Update Invoice API [1] and passing `closed: true` which would tell us not to charge the invoice.

Cheers,
Remi