Add the ability to specify a card for a subscription.

Tyler Slater

Jun 26, 2014, 3:17:27 PM6/26/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Currently we are able to have multiple cards and multiple subscriptions per customer. The problem is that the api only lets you change a default card that must be used for all subscriptions. A default card is nice...but if you can't set the card to something other than the default card it isn't really a default...it is the only active card.  We would like to keep the default card but also have the ability to specify a different card on some subscriptions. We desperately need the ability to use different cards for different subscriptions on the same customer. Currently we have to create a new stripe customer for each card that our customer puts into the system. It makes the multiple cards and multiple subscriptions features nearly useless.

ivan ho

Jun 26, 2014, 4:51:50 PM6/26/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Yes, This!!!

Richard Hunt

Jun 26, 2014, 5:54:24 PM6/26/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
This is good feature. I would use it.

Michael Heins

Jun 26, 2014, 7:14:30 PM6/26/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I agree completely.  This would make the difference.  Please make the change!

Jim Danz

Jun 26, 2014, 8:05:26 PM6/26/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Acknowledged! Thanks for raising, Tyler, and others for chiming in
and showing interest. This had been on our radar, but very useful to
see the interest. We'll share here if we have an update.

Cj Lewis

Jun 27, 2014, 10:02:58 AM6/27/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Shoot! This would help big time. We work with multi-location franchises who need the ability to use multiple cards and this would seriously help out big time. Thx.

Scott Marchant

Jun 27, 2014, 10:08:50 AM6/27/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
+1 ;-)

Trevor Huey

Jun 27, 2014, 10:26:07 AM6/27/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I'm a huge fan of Stripe, but honestly I'm more than a little surprised and disappointed that this isn't already a feature.

Joshua Bird

Jul 1, 2014, 12:04:22 PM7/1/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I completely agree!!  I am an active stripe user, but this new feature is absolutely a requirement for me to stay longterm.  My current workaround for this stripe shortcoming is becoming unmanageable for me as I add more and more customers.  Please hurry!

Michael Frederick

Jul 7, 2014, 5:12:48 PM7/7/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Thanks for the awesome product and API. Just commenting to show interest in this specific enhancement.

We've only been using Stripe for about a month, and this makes a lot of sense.

I see you just added the multiple Subscriptions per Customer in January. This really sets you guys apart from other processors and makes our lives easier. If you did not have this, we wouldn't have made the transition.

Being able to designate a specific Customer's Card per Subscription seems like a natural progression of the enhancement in January, and will be really powerful.

Looking forward to it!

Andy Whitt

Jul 8, 2014, 6:24:26 PM7/8/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com

Me too

ad...@joltup.com

Jul 28, 2014, 1:56:23 PM7/28/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
+1 This would prevent a decent amount of unnecessary development on our part.

Brian Ross

Aug 11, 2014, 3:33:34 PM8/11/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Any update on this? I needed the ability to assign cards to subscriptions yesterday...

-Brian
Aug 12, 2014, 5:33:42 PM8/12/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
HI folks,

This has definitely been elevated to "we will do it," so I can assure
you that it's a matter of when, not if. For better or for worse
that's the only update that I have now -- we will be knocking this off
as soon as we can!

Jim

Cj Lewis

Aug 12, 2014, 5:46:07 PM8/12/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
That would be awesome because I literally just got of the phone with another customer who needs this so badly. So the sooner the better.

Thanks, CJ

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Stripe API Discussion" group.

Michael Frederick

Aug 12, 2014, 6:30:11 PM8/12/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Jim,

That's fantastic news. Thanks so much for keeping us informed.

Tyler Slater

Oct 1, 2014, 9:02:12 AM10/1/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Has there been any progress on this?

Jim Danz

Oct 1, 2014, 6:47:48 PM10/1/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Still too early to talk in terms of timelines, but we're on this!

Andy Whitt

Oct 24, 2014, 3:11:18 PM10/24/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
I really need this too.

Schedule Hater

Dec 9, 2014, 10:01:16 AM12/9/14
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
+1. I really need this too. Any word on timelines now?

Brian Ross

Apr 6, 2015, 3:19:06 PM4/6/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Jim,

Any updates on this? I was looking over the API, and I see subscriptions still pull from the default card.

Thanks,
Brian
May 21, 2015, 8:13:06 PM5/21/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com, tylersco...@gmail.com
Any word on this? 1 year almost later...

Manmohan Bishnoi

Aug 4, 2015, 12:40:12 AM8/4/15
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi Jim,

It has been an year. Any updates on "when" ?
We really need this feature in our upcoming app.

Thanks
Manmohan

Jim Danz

Aug 4, 2015, 12:42:04 AM8/4/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Sorry folks -- it's still not something that we're able to commit to a
date on at this stage. I'm going to take a look and see if we can get
this bumped up, as I know that the delays here are unacceptable and I
truly apologize.

Matthew Arkin

Aug 4, 2015, 12:50:19 AM8/4/15
to Jake K.
Just a reminder, a workaround you can do is just 1 subscription per customer (in your own database you can keep track of the master customer and their related sub customers / subscriptions).

And if you really wanted to be able to let the customer pick and choose which card to use for each subscription (without just entering a new card for each subscription), that is possible through some horrible abuse / hacks of Shared Customers. [1]

Matt Arkin

Manmohan Bishnoi

Aug 5, 2015, 2:06:04 PM8/5/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Matthew,

We are using a similar workaround to emulate such a functionality.
I was eager if Stripe was natively going to support such functionality in their next release.

Manmohan

Brant Elliot

Nov 18, 2016, 1:49:45 PM11/18/16
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
+1 for this feature.. pretty please?!?

Toshiki Inami

Nov 20, 2016, 9:27:20 AM11/20/16
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
+1 :)

Michael Frederick

Nov 21, 2016, 9:58:28 AM11/21/16
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
+1 - It's been 2 years, this would be a really nice to have, the alternative really feels like a hack.

Dump Hole

Dec 14, 2016, 7:48:14 AM12/14/16
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
+1.

Abhay Bhave

Dec 14, 2016, 7:52:45 AM12/14/16
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
+1.

True...
It will be great to have a "Preferred card" on a 'per subscription' basis.

Abhay Bhave Software Developeri2e Consulting | www.i2econsulting.com
+91-22-4005 5436 (O) 91 7715913569 (M) | abhay...@akshayit.com

Alec

Feb 26, 2017, 9:34:39 PM2/26/17
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
+1

Erik Villoria

Mar 15, 2017, 5:49:08 PM3/15/17
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
I would love to see this as an option, as well as being able to specify a bank account as the source if the user has both cc and BA details stored. It is a small detail, since you can specify to charge a bank account, but if I try to look up the customers sources and use the ID of the card, I get an invalid token error, while a bank ID works fine.

Jaap

Mar 20, 2017, 10:22:17 AM3/20/17
to Stripe API Discussion, tylersco...@gmail.com
+1  This would be so helpful.. any update?

Remi J.

Mar 20, 2017, 10:24:19 AM3/20/17
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hey everyone,

It's something that we know would be useful for some of you and that we hope to be able to add in the future. We don't have any update to share about this at the moment though but I'll follow up on this list in the future if we start working on this!

Cheers,
Remi

Claudio Petrini

Apr 11, 2017, 9:49:38 AM4/11/17