Determine if payout is automatic stripe.net

APTA

Apr 30, 2018, 7:28:38 AM4/30/18
to Stripe API Discussion
Hi,

I'm using stripe.net, currently building a list linking each payout with the individual charges & refunds it includes. I'm getting the detail by taking the SourceId from each balance transaction that's a payout, and passing that SourceId as the PayoutId argument to a new request for balance transactions. So far so good.

However, if the payout was manual, the request for the details throws an error: "Balance transaction history can only be filtered on automatic transfers, not manual." I have not been able to figure out how to determine if each payout is automatic or manual. The API documentation lists a boolean "automatic" property on the payout object, but the stripe.net object doesn't seem to include that property. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Remi J.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:33:23 AM4/30/18
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hello,

When you create a manual Payout via the API, it's not possible for us to known which transactions (charges or refunds) are bundled into that Payout amount. As the platform, you control the logic on that end and we simply tag the Payout as manual.

The `automatic` property on the Payout object [1] tells you whether that Payout was created automatically by Stripe or manually on your end via the API. This property is in the library and can be found in the StripePayout class here [2]. It was added 6 months ago in this PR [3] and shipped with the version 15.6.2.

Hope this helps!
Remi

APTA

Apr 30, 2018, 12:20:52 PM4/30/18
to Stripe API Discussion
Thanks. Looks like I just need a new build.