Store Credit Card and charge users once deal is complete

kbhi

Apr 30, 2015, 7:31:36 AM4/30/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
We are creating a Peer-to-Peer vehicle renting marketplace. While renting there might be issues where the car has to be returned or driver has to be charged more for late return.

I have not been able to figure out how to setup Connect to make sure we can charge after rental period and also not raise red flags that end up closing Car Lenders merchant accounts.

I was planning on using this:

Matthew Arkin

May 1, 2015, 3:08:32 PM5/1/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
The way I would do it is using managed accounts and the destination parameter when creating a charge (https://stripe.com/docs/connect/payments-fees)

I'd create a customer for each customer in the platform account and save their card.
When I want to charge them then create a charge for that customer and specify the customer and card (source) id and to make sure the renter gets their money, specify the destination account.

As to not raising red flags I don't really know what you're referencing, but sup...@stripe.com could help you with that.