Configure subscription payment failure scenarios via API (multi-tenancy)

Kevin Ross

Apr 15, 2015, 3:35:23 PM4/15/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
For our tenants, we still plan to use the stripe connect flow to get setup, just for convenience.  In our billing solution though, we will need to set some expected behavior (which could possibly be different depending on the tenant's policies) for non-payment.

This shows the configuration of payment failures for the account.  I have checked the new account api:

I do not see how I can configure the payment failure behavior for tenant's subscriptions.  Any pointers?

Jim Danz

Apr 15, 2015, 6:13:36 PM4/15/15
to api-d...@lists.stripe.com
Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, those settings are not currently configurable via the
API. I've added an issue internally to track that we should update
the API to allow updating payment failure settings.

Just to flag it (you may have already seen on
https://stripe.com/docs/api#update_account ), you can only update
settings for accounts that you manage. So if you are not using
managed accounts (https://stripe.com/docs/connect/managed-accounts),
you will need to ask users to update settings on their end, even if we
allow updating those settings from the API on managed accounts.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit, but I do apologize that we do
not currently support this.

Jim