TLS 1.0 and 1.1 phase-out begins Nov 1

Monty Brandenberg

Oct 24, 2021, 6:10:21 PM10/24/21
to OpenSource Mailing List

A reminder that the first steps in TLS 1.0 and 1.1 phase-out begin
on November 1. Blog post can be found here:

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/9106-upcoming-security-improvements-to-second-life/

Monty Brandenberg

Nov 2, 2021, 4:39:18 PM11/2/21
to OpenSource Mailing List
Login now requires TLS 1.2 or better.

Monty Brandenberg

Nov 22, 2021, 12:37:05 PM11/22/21
to OpenSource Mailing List
And we're back supporting TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for the moment. More
news as it develops...

Henri Beauchamp

Nov 24, 2021, 7:15:48 AM11/24/21
to OpenSource Mailing List
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 12:37:03 -0500, Monty Brandenberg wrote:

> And we're back supporting TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for the moment. More
> news as it develops...

Perhaps should you list, as a follow-up to the blog post, what are
the problematic clients/viewers (and their versions in case newer,
fully compliant versions exist for them), so that their users are
made aware that they are running antiquated software and need to
update...

Henri.

Monty Brandenberg

Nov 24, 2021, 8:47:28 AM11/24/21
to opensou...@lists.secondlife.com
A useful thing to do. We should be able to infer this to a good
approximation.

I'm hoping that we do these changes on Aditi first in the future.
Firefights are exciting but I can do without them this season.