python hints and/or help

Nicky Perian

Aug 9, 2021, 11:09:39 AM8/9/21
to OpenSource Mailing List
I have messed up python2.7 on my system while experimenting with python3.9.
I receive on a linux build using autobuild-1.1.9:
[100%] Performing viewer_manifest copy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/nicky/kokua/kokua-np-fork/indra/newview/viewer_manifest.py", line 50, in <module>
    from llbase import llsd
ImportError: No module named llbase

Please help.

Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer)

Aug 9, 2021, 12:18:02 PM8/9/21
to Nicky Perian, OpenSource Mailing List
The first thing I would try is just using pip to reinstall llbase and seeing if that works. Note that pip and pip3 are different things and work on different directory trees.

If that doesn't help, you can ignore the system installation by installing a "user install" of python, instructions here: https://docs.python-guide.org/starting/install/osx/

Alternatively, one can abandon the mac system altogether and do one's work in a virtual environment or a docker container, which isolate your work environment from the mac setup. I prefer containers because the walls are stronger and safer, but lots of people like venvs.

Best,

coyot

slacker

Aug 10, 2021, 4:59:14 PM8/10/21
to opensource-dev, Coyot Linden, nicky...@gmail.com
you need to install llbase
nickyD set up a package maker  for it.
I built an installer for slackware or you can manually build it
python3 setup.py
or python2 setup.py
hope this helps  i ran into this a while back.
you get to the newer dullahan  get with me also.
seems  dullahan host is searching system wide instead of ../lib

Nicky Perian

Aug 11, 2021, 9:43:17 AM8/11/21
to slacker, OpenSource Mailing List
Thank you.