[P4-discuss] Announcement of P4.org email list hosting change on 2022-Mar-02

Andy Fingerhut

Mar 2, 2022, 12:50:19 PM3/2/22
to p4-di...@lists.p4.org
When: 2022-Mar-02, 12:30pm Pacific time, hopefully ending in less than 1 hour
What: Transition of P4.org email list from one service to another

Soon we will be transitioning the hosting of the P4.org email lists from its current provider to Google Groups.  This change is motivated by some issues we have not been able to easily diagnose with the current email list provider.  ONF staff help maintain the P4.org email lists, as well as many other ONF email lists already hosted by Google Groups, so after this change it will be easier for ONF staff to administer all of their email lists with common software and processes.

This transition is planned to begin on 2022-Mar-02 at 12:30pm Pacific time, and if all goes as planned it should be completed within an hour.  There may be a brief period where you might encounter some issues sending or receiving email on the P4.org email lists during this time.

We plan to transition all existing email list subscribers to the new email lists.  You should not have to do anything to remain subscribed to the P4.org email lists that you are currently subscribed to.  We will also migrate the current list archives over to the new Google Group, so you should be able to find old and new messages all in one place (although it may take a day or two for the archived messages to appear).

I will send out another announcement later to update the status of this transition.

Regards,
Andy Fingerhut
Chair of the P4.org Technical Steering Team