[P4-discuss] P4 Showcase Talks & Last 4 Days to Register for P4 Developer Day!

P4.org

Apr 25, 2019, 6:40:26 PM4/25/19
to p4-di...@lists.p4.org

Dear P4 Community,

This is a friendly reminder that  P4 Developer Day 2019 will take place in 4 days, on Tuesday, April 30th!

For the first time ever, we are offering two tracks for our community. We will offer a beginner track for new members of our P4 community, whereas the new advanced track will be targeted towards our seasoned P4 Developers.  The concentration of this newly developed track will be building a leaf-spine data center fabric based on Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6), using the ONOS SDN controller.  Further, the hands-on exercises will focus on basic forwarding, bridging, SRv6, ONOS control plane, and testing in Mininet.

This year, we wanted to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low so we can support an interactive learning environment, to allow our students to get quality support during the hands-on lab component of these sessions. As a result, we encourage you to register by Monday, April 29th, to take advantage of the standard $295 rate.  Otherwise, the fee increases to $450 for all onsite registrations.

We will also have 4 exciting talks on how prominent companies in the industry are using P4 in real-life applications. We will hear from:

  • Konstantin Weitz, Google on “Leveraging P4 for Automated Switch Validation”

  • Ludovic Beliveau, Kaloom on “High Performance User Plane Function (UPF) for 4G/5G networks with P4”

  • Chang Kim, Barefoot Networks on “P4 and Programmable Dataplane Use-cases in Enterprises, Telcos and MSDCs”

  • Dejan Vucinic, Western Digital Corporation

We also want to take just a moment to acknowledge our current list of sponsors for their support: Barefoot Networks and Cisco Systems. When you're enjoying the great content, facilities, food, and everything else, please extend your thanks!

We’re looking forward to seeing you next week.

Cheers,

P4.org