P4-related talk: "Building Experimental Systems with Deep Programmability", presented by Hyojoon Kim (Research Scholar at Princeton University)

Nik Sultana

Mar 14, 2023, 2:29:04 PM3/14/23
to p4-dev
Hi all, and happy Pi day! This upcoming talk will describe P4-related work.
The talk is open to all and remote-friendly -- do forward to anybody else who might be interested.
Thank you,
Nik

Networked Systems Tech Talk at Illinois Tech: "Building Experimental Systems with Deep Programmability", presented by Hyojoon Kim (Research Scholar at Princeton University)

When: Thursday 16th March 2023 at 12:45pm-1:45pm CT

Where: Online and in-person.

For more information and to sign up: https://forms.gle/YUB22BhePEvPHdo28

For more information about the talk series: http://www.cs.iit.edu/~nsultana1/techtalks/

Abstract of the talk: Experimental systems research is exciting, with
multiple interesting directions to explore. First, one can focus on
getting real-world data so that we can study how things work in the wild
or even test out new ideas. Or, one can focus on building a networked
system that is fundamentally different from the real world, catalyzing
innovation. For me, network programmability played an essential role in
both directions. In this talk, I will present two networked systems we
have built. First, I will present P4Campus, a testbed that helps
researchers study their own campus networks and also test new ideas
against real production traffic. Next, I will present Pronto, an
open-source end-to-end 5G network with deep programmability. I will
share our experiences and lessons learned when building these networked
systems. Finally, I will share some ideas for future work.

--
http://www.cs.iit.edu/~nsultana1