Notes from 2023-Mar-24 meeting on data-plane-writable per-table-entry state

Andy Fingerhut

Mar 25, 2023, 12:49:28 PM3/25/23
to p4-d...@lists.p4.org, p4-arch

That page has links to a few short sample P4 programs we discussed during the meeting, and what I believe is an accurate summary of the advantages and disadvantages of the two primary approaches discussed so far: change to P4 language definition vs. defining extern.

Feel free to reply-all to this email (or to me privately if you prefer) if you have corrections, comments, questions that you would like to share before the next meeting on this topic scheduled for Friday 2023-Mar-31.

Regards,
Andy