Request time for presenting Extern for inline accelerators (e.g. ipsec)

Parag Bhide

Aug 17, 2022, 10:11:19 AM8/17/22
to p4-arch, andy.fi...@gmail.com
Hi Andy,

I would like to request 30 min to present a proposal for inline accelerator extern at the next meeting. (8/22).

Thanks,
--Parag

Andy Fingerhut

Aug 19, 2022, 1:17:07 PM8/19/22
to Parag Bhide, p4-arch
Parag:

Sounds good to me.  I will add it to the agenda.

Andy

Parag Bhide

Aug 23, 2022, 11:25:36 AM8/23/22
to p4-arch, andy.fi...@gmail.com, p4-arch, Parag Bhide
Here are the slide that were presented. Offline comments are welcome.
I have made a slight change as decrypt() -> set_decrypt() to indicate that it is not an 'immediate' operation.
We'll think about providing results in std metadata struct in addition to / in place of providing get_results api

Thanks,
--Parag
PNA - Inline Accelerators (1).pdf

Alan Lo

Oct 3, 2022, 5:53:17 PM10/3/22
to Parag Bhide, p4-arch, andy.fi...@gmail.com

Hi Parag,

As discussed in the last PNA, I’ve taken a stab at describing the immediate version of your crypto accelerator, by using your same code and adding the necessary new methods. It also shows how the results would be used.

https://github.com/p4lang/pna/pull/59

As always, feel free to comment on the PR, and we can also discuss next PNA meeting.

Thanks,

Alan