[P4-Apps] INT v2.0 released!

Lee, Jeongkeun

Feb 25, 2020, 9:42:20 PM2/25/20
to p4-...@lists.p4.org
Dear members,

We're glad to announce INT v2.0 was cut and is available at:

The major changes in v2.0 include
  • Domain specific extension
    • Provides a lot of flexibility, adopted by IETF IOAM as well
    • in INT it also allows 'source-only' metadata for Edge-to-Edge use cases
  • New transports
    • IPv4/GRE
    • new UDP encap using a new UDP destination port
    • VXLAN <-> VXLAN GPE conversion
  • Metadata
    • Timestamps in 8B
    • Level 2 Port ID (e.g., virtual interface)
    • shared buffer occupancy
  • Introduced XD, MD, MX application modes
Next steps:
  • Telemetry report spec 2.0
  • INT v2.1
    • define MX-type header
    • define CL (Closed Loop) type for NIC closed-loop control use cases
    • define Destination header, if needed
    • (all three has a commonality: no header addition by transit nodes)
    • ipv6 hop-by-hop extension
Thanks a lot for all your great inputs.
We will soon announce the next meeting schedule.

JK Lee
Mukesh Hira

Nick McKeown

Feb 25, 2020, 11:22:55 PM2/25/20
to p4-...@lists.p4.org
Great job team - this is a big milestone for INT. It is really super to see it evolve and mature as more people use it.

Nick

Nick McKeown 马格理
Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Stanford University, CA 94305-9030
https://www.stanford.edu/~nickm