[P4-Apps] P4 Summit Announcement

P4.org

Mar 10, 2020, 2:09:32 PM3/10/20
to p4-...@lists.p4.org

Dear P4 Community,

We have made the difficult decision to cancel the “in-person” 2020 P4 and Programmable Forwarding Summit at Stanford this year due to the potential risk of the COVID-19 virus. We feel this is in the best interest of the entire P4 community.

As an alternative, we are planning an expert roundtable series to bring exciting keynotes, plenary and panel discussions.  Our current thinking is we will capture the planned presentations and discussions with technical experts using a lively roundtable format, and make these available as a series for on-demand consumption (think of it as a Netflix drop of a full series of Game of Thrones episodes!).

With this new format, we will continue to accept talk proposals through the P4 Summit submission web site (https://summit-cfp-2020.p4.org/), however, due to the change in the format, we can no longer accept demo or poster proposals. The P4 Summit technical program committee will shortlist talks for the expert roundtable series from the submissions. In fact, if traveling to the event was inhibiting your ability to submit a proposal and/or attend, this new format will make it much easier to participate and contribute to the program.

We have extended the deadline by one week for proposals and look forward to your participation:

Call for Proposals (CFP)

CFP Submission Website

New deadline for submission: March 20, 2020

Notification: April 3, 2020

We will be releasing more details about the event and this new format as we work them out. And of course, reach out to the P4 Summit Organizers if you have ideas on how to make it more effective.

Sincerely,

P4 TST and P4 Summit Organizers

Nate Foster

Nick McKeown