Minutes for 04/15/2022 meeting and extra meeting to discuss proposal for faster P4Runtime

Antonin Bas

Apr 15, 2022, 3:30:55 PMApr 15
to p4-...@lists.p4.org, ala...@nvidia.com
Hi all,

As discussed this morning, there will be an extra meeting next week to discuss a proposal by Alan Lo to make some modifications to the P4Runtime API in order to support a higher entry insertion rate. However, I misread Alan's availability this morning when I suggested a meeting time. Alan is not available Wednesday 04/20 at 10 AM PST. Instead I suggest having the meeting on Tuesday 04/19 at 10 AM PST. Please let me know if you want to attend the meeting but have a conflict at that time. I will send an invitation shortly.

Thanks,

Antonin

Antonin Bas

Apr 19, 2022, 2:13:14 PMApr 19
to p4-...@lists.p4.org, ala...@nvidia.com
Hi all,

Thanks for attending the extra meeting this morning and thanks Alan for presenting this proposal.
Please find the meeting recording here in case you were not able to attend: https://youtu.be/U_llnS9WpUA
We have identified the following next steps: Alan will submit a PR to p4lang/p4runtime with the proposed p4runtime.proto changes; the community will review the PR and provide feedback / propose alternatives.

Thanks,

Antonin