Text wrapping in email

Gordon Weast

May 3, 2021, 5:30:09 PM5/3/21
to support-...@lists.mozilla.org

I've upgraded to Seamonkey 2.53.7.1 and now email with long lines no longer wraps to the window size.  Yes, I checked that the edit->Preferences.Mail & Newsgroups.Message Display page has 'Wrap text to fit window width' checked.

I'm on Windows 10.  No extensions installed.

I have a faint recollection that there was a way to force a wrap in the current window, but I don't remember now what that might be.

Brooke Clarke

Jul 12, 2021, 3:32:28 PM7/12/21
to support-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi:

When I try to open this web page from my C: drive it never opens. The circle spins forever.
https://prc68.com/I/Faradic.shtml

I had a similar problem months ago and the workaround was to delete all links to youtube using notepad then I could open
the file in Composer.
But for this web page that did not work.

Maybe Composer could give me a clue about what I does not like? Note you can view the web page on line just fine.  i.e.
I don't see any problems with the on line version.
But have not clicked on all the links.

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
https://www.PRC68.com
axioms:
1. The extent to which you can fix or improve something will be limited by how well you understand how it works.
2. Everybody, with no exceptions, holds false beliefs.

Brooke Clarke

Jul 13, 2021, 4:19:32 PM7/13/21
to support-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi:

Today I installed the BlueGriffon WYSIWYG web page editor and have been learning how to use it.
Just now when I tried to load the Faradic.shtml file from my local drive it took a very long time.  At the bottom of the
window there was a progress bar showing a link to amazon that was taking a very long time to load.  I deleted a couple
of links to amazon and now the page loads almost instantly.  That's a great feature of BlueGriffon.