Change mender.conf values when using mender-convert

Mika Tuupola

Jan 25, 2019, 1:35:52 AM1/25/19
to men...@lists.mender.io
What is the preferred way to change config settings in mender.conf when using mender-convert?

To be exact I would like to change UpdatePollIntervalSeconds and UpdatePollIntervalSeconds settings. Defaults are bit too chatty for my taste.

https://github.com/mendersoftware/mender-convert/blob/master/convert-stage-4.sh#L88-L98

Mika Tuupola
https://appelsiini.net/

Mirza Krak

Jan 25, 2019, 4:16:41 AM1/25/19
to Mender List mender.io
On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 7:35 AM Mika Tuupola <tuu...@appelsiini.net> wrote:

> What is the preferred way to change config settings in mender.conf when using mender-convert?

Unfortunately we do not have a good way of changing these values yet.
We do plan to improve the configuration interface for mender-convert.
There is also this:

https://tracker.mender.io/browse/MEN-2248

But there are ways of changing these values :),

- mender-artifact modify
- https://docs.mender.io/1.7/artifacts/modifying-a-mender-artifact#modifying-a-configuration-file

- you can fork the repository and change it

> To be exact I would like to change UpdatePollIntervalSeconds and UpdatePollIntervalSeconds settings. Defaults are bit too chatty for my taste.

Indeed chatty, and this is "demo values" really. You probably have
seen this section in the docs but just in case:

https://docs.mender.io/1.7/client-configuration/configuration-file/polling-intervals

/ Mirza

Mika Tuupola

Jan 25, 2019, 4:56:36 AM1/25/19
to men...@lists.mender.io

> On 25 Jan 2019, at 11:16, Mirza Krak <mirza...@northern.tech> wrote:
>
> - you can fork the repository and change it

Yeah, that what I was going to do. Just wondered if there was an alternative way. I already have modified mender-convert a bit to mount /data etc with noatime flag.

Thanks!

Mika Tuupola
https://appelsiini.net/