Barebox support

Patrick Schneider

Feb 14, 2019, 1:26:38 AM2/14/19
to Mender List mender.io
Hi everyone!
We have a very well established Barebox environment in our products and now are looking into using mender.
Switching to u-boot would be quite some work. I am currently trying to evaluate if it would be more or less work to adapt mender to barebox (as it has u-boot roots).
Is there any info material on that issue. What would be my starting point for such a task?
Any help appreciated,
Thanks and regards,
Patrick

Kristian Amlie

Feb 14, 2019, 2:36:40 AM2/14/19
to men...@lists.mender.io, Patrick Schneider
A while back we did an evaluation of Barebox [1], but it's pretty high
level. My impression is that it has deviated quite radically from
U-Boot, so it's likely that you're looking at a brand new bootloader
integration.

[1] https://tracker.mender.io/browse/MEN-1394

--
Kristian