Encrypted ZPOOL lxd cluster moving container.

Jonathan Opperman

Jun 1, 2021, 10:13:38 AM6/1/21
to lxc-...@lists.linuxcontainers.org
Hi Everyone,

I tried to search for this on "google" but I am not having much luck
with1 what I Am trying to do, we have
an lxd cluster and the underlying ZPOOL's are all encrypted, when I want
to move a container from one
host in the cluster to another I get:

ro...@testvm2.test-03.example.com:/ZPOOL# lxc move
mcon-container-02-test-03-example-com --target
testvm1.test-03.example.com
Error: Copy instance operation failed: Failed instance creation: Error
transferring instance data: Problem with zfs receive: ([exit status 1
write |1: broken pipe]) cannot receive new filesystem stream: inherited
key must be loaded

Is there anything I need to do in this case? Do I need to also load the
encryption key from testvm2.test-03.example.com on
testvm1.test-03.example.com?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Opperman

Jun 2, 2021, 3:21:31 AM6/2/21
to Jonathan Opperman, lxc-...@lists.linuxcontainers.org
Hi Everyone,

Please ignore, somehow after we installed lxd and having it using the
ZPOOL
it no longer loads the key on reboots. We had to put int zfs load-key
ZPOOL/lxc
as part of the booting process.

:)

Cheers