[lxc-users] Using host's systemd-journald inside the container

Pagla Premik

Mar 9, 2021, 2:55:30 PM3/9/21
to lxc-...@lists.linuxcontainers.org
Hi,

  Can someone point me to articles/emails/discussions, where it has been discussed about the problem I am facing.

 I have a system with active containers(more than 10). Every container has systemd-journald service running for journaling. This is taking up quite an amount of system resources for me. Is there a way I can have the systemd-journal service running in the host to do all the logging from inside the container and disable all those running inside the coontainers? I have tried multiple options, like mounting the /run/systemd/journal but still the logs are missing in journal.

thanks

Rgds
Dodo