Undesired DHCP acquirement

Narcis Garcia

Apr 18, 2024, 10:39:31 PMApr 18
to LXC users SPM
Hello,

I'm running LXC 5.0.2 on Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
When I start a container with something like:
lxc.net.0.link = lanbr0
(...)
lxc.net.0.ipv4.address = 192.168.1.111/24

And host is running DHCP server on lanbr0 bridge,
then container's NIC (eth0) gets Ip configuration from DHCP service
instead of the manually specified in config file.

How can I avoid this?

Thank you.

--

Narcis Garcia

I'm using this dedicated address because personal addresses aren't
masked enough at this mail public archive. Public archive administrator
should remove and omit any @, dot and mailto combinations against
automated addresses collectors.

Serge E. Hallyn

Apr 19, 2024, 10:55:33 AMApr 19
to Narcis Garcia, LXC users SPM
You need to configure the container RFS to not run dhcp. lxc is not
doing it.