[lxc-users] lxd-p2c

1 view

Aleksandar Ivanisevic

Feb 22, 2021, 1:36:35 AMFeb 22
to LXC users mailing-list
Hi,

what is the status of lxd-p2c? Is this still maintained? All the precompiled binaries I could find are failing with protocol errors and when I trying to build it myself (go get github.com/lxc/lxd/lxd-p2c) it just finishes without errors, but without producing the binary either.

Do I even have a chance to use it to migrate some old centos6 machines, considering the discussion at https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/minimum-requirement-for-lxd-p2c/1687/16 especially regarding “kernel too old” messages with a static binary?

regards,

Stéphane Graber

Feb 22, 2021, 3:48:34 PMFeb 22
to LXC users mailing-list
We automatically build lxd-p2c with every single commit we include and
with every branch we review.
There are a number of people who recently used it successfully too,
though maybe you're hitting some kind of rsync issue.

If you have a Github account, you can get the most recent build
artifact for Linux from
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/actions/runs/589179878

(No idea why Github restricts artifacts to logged in users...)

Stéphane

Aleksandar Ivanisevic

Feb 23, 2021, 3:09:54 AMFeb 23
to LXC users mailing-list
Thanks!

So far it works perfectly, even on centos6 with an ancient kernel. I have no idea on the workings of the lxd build system so I just googled “lxd-p2c binary” which pointed me to some ancient builds, the protocol probably changed million times since they were built.

This URL looks terribly ephemeral, is there a more reliable way to find it? I’m sure the binary I just downloaded will be outdated next time I need it.

How is it built exactly? Googling “how to build lxd-p2c” gives “go get github.com/lxc/lxd/lxd-p2c” but this doesn’t work. I’d like to eventually add a patch to it to specify a target cluster node.

regards,

Stéphane Graber

Feb 23, 2021, 1:08:14 PMFeb 23
to LXC users mailing-list
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/actions will list all the builds, take the
most recent build for master and you'll find the artifacts.

It's built with `make lxd-p2c` from the repo.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:10 AM Aleksandar Ivanisevic