[lxc-users] lxc-create -t download

Saint Michael

Apr 24, 2020, 4:52:33 PM4/24/20
to LXC users mailing-list
this works in an Ubuntu 18.04 host
lxc-create -t download -n u1 -- --dist ubuntu
but this does not
lxc-create -t download -n u1 -- --dist debian
Setting up the GPG keyring
ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver
lxc-create: u1: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1626 Failed to create container from template
lxc-create: u1: tools/lxc_create.c: main: 319 Failed to create container u1

what am I missing here?

Stéphane Graber

Apr 25, 2020, 4:07:50 PM4/25/20
to LXC users mailing-list
Possibly GPG not being happy, try to run: export
DOWNLOAD_KEYSERVER=keyserver.ubuntu.com
And then run your lxc-create

Stéphane

Saint Michael

Apr 26, 2020, 12:35:00 AM4/26/20
to LXC users mailing-list
It does work, thanks. Is it possible to consider this a bug and add it to the next update?

Stéphane Graber

Apr 26, 2020, 10:21:50 PM4/26/20
to LXC users mailing-list
We're planning to move away from GPG for lxc-download, or at least
move to opt-in GPG, so this kind of issue should go away for everyone
soon.

Saint Michael

Apr 26, 2020, 10:51:51 PM4/26/20
to LXC users mailing-list
Great. Now that I got your attention, how is the problem with ipvlan going? As you know, it does not work when used in "config". The only way to use it is in /etc/network/interfaces, but honestly it would be easier to use in "config". I mean: the container starts but the packets don't go anywhere. Ipvlan is the only known way to circumvent Vmware Vsphere issues where you need to turn on promiscuous mode to make containers with different mac addresses work.

Saint Michael

Apr 16, 2021, 1:14:13 PM4/16/21
to LXC users mailing-list
The same issue under Debian, and I did export
 echo $DOWNLOAD_KEYSERVER
keyserver.ubuntu.com

but

lxc-create -t download -n https1 -- -d ubuntu -r focal -a amd64
Setting up the GPG keyring
Downloading the image index
ERROR: Invalid signature for /tmp/tmp.k03ftesdOV/index.asc

what do I need to do?

Serge E. Hallyn

Apr 16, 2021, 8:40:55 PM4/16/21
to Saint Michael, LXC users mailing-list
Not sure what to tell you - it works for me here. What is your
lxc version?