Announcing Incus 0.7!

Stéphane Graber

Mar 26, 2024, 6:21:58 PMMar 26
to LXC users mailing-list, LXC development mailing-list
Hello,

The Incus team is very excited to announce the release of Incus 0.7!

This is going to be the last 0.x release before we jump to Incus 6.0 LTS.
And as a result, this is quite the busy release too!

With Incus, you can easily create and manage both containers and
virtual-machines on a standalone system or a cluster of machines.
It provides a variety of storage and networking options with the goal to feel
like you're interacting with a cloud, but all locally.

The highlights for this release of Incus are:
- Network integrations (OVN interconnect)
- Image server management tool (simplestreams)
- JSON Web Token authentication support
- Configurable OpenID Connect username
- Improved NUMA handling
- More flexible USB passthrough
- Bandwidth and IOps throttle for VMs
- Per-remote client certificates
- Manual generation of client certificates
- Various improvements to lxd-to-incus
- Various improvements to incus-migrate
- Additional image restriction flags

You can give Incus a try online:
https://linuxcontainers.org/incus/try-it

Before getting it on your own system:
https://linuxcontainers.org/incus/docs/main/tutorial/first_steps

A detailed release announcement can be found here:
https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/incus-0-7-has-been-released/19485

As well as a video overview of all the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn8aVPqW36I

The code can be found on Github:
https://github.com/lxc/incus

And support is done through our community forum:
https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org

Enjoy!

Stéphane Graber, on behalf of the Incus team.

Narcis Garcia

Mar 27, 2024, 5:02:47 AMMar 27
to LXC users SPM
Congratulations!

I have 2 questions about quotas:
- Do bandwidth and IOps throttle work for VPS (containers-only)?
- Does it have some feature to set disk space quotas for a 'dir' container?

Thank you.

El 26/3/24 a les 23:21, 'Stéphane Graber' via lxc-users ha escrit:
--

Narcis Garcia

__________
I'm using this dedicated address because personal addresses aren't
masked enough at this mail public archive. Public archive administrator
should remove and omit any @, dot and mailto combinations against
automated addresses collectors.

Stéphane Graber

Mar 27, 2024, 10:28:10 PMMar 27
to Narcis Garcia, LXC users SPM
1) The feature has existed for containers for a long time, but it
doesn't work in most environments as recent Linux kernels use I/O
schedulers that cannot do throttling anymore. You'd need to force your
system to use the cfq I/O scheduler for those limits to apply
properly.
2) Disk limits are possible on dir so long as the underlying
filesystem is either ext4 or xfs but you need your underlying
filesystem to have project quotas (projquota) enabled. For ext4 that
means running a tune2fs command when the filesystem isn't mounted yet
as well as passing an extra mount option.
> --

Stéphane

Narcis Garcia

Mar 28, 2024, 2:44:50 AMMar 28
to LXC users SPM
Thank you Stéphane.

El 28/3/24 a les 3:27, 'Stéphane Graber' via lxc-users ha escrit: